good morning! :)
i’ve just been nominated for the liebster award, an award meant to help people discover new blogs.
so, quick rules before we start:
- thank the blogger who nominated you
- answer the questions you were given
- nominate blogs that deserve the award
- let the bloggers you nominated know
- make 11 questions for your nominees to answer
so let’s begin!
nominator: my friend kirstin nominated me for this award; she’s one of my absolute favorite beauty bloggers, and just a really sweet person overall, so please go check out her block on the link above!!
here are the questions that i have to answer:
1. What have you learned from blogging?
i’ve learned that not everyone’s writing for themselves, and that some people are going for the followers and the likes and the views — that’s ok too, in fact, that’s great! but i’ve learned that sometimes, you have to look away from the numbers and just write for you, not anyone else.
2. Do you look up to someone or who inspires you?
definitely!! my mom is a great example of that, because she’s my rock and is always there for me. even people such as my friends, i look up to, because they have attributes that i really admire.
3. Do you prefer winter or summer?
winter all the way. maybe it’s because i’m just sick of this heat season at the moment, or maybe it’s because i can’t wait for my birthday in december, but winter is the obvious winner here.
4. What is your favourite perfume of all time?
uh, i’m going to be totally honest with you guys, i’m not really a perfume person. but if i had to choose, pure grace by philosophy; it has this clean scent that’s not strong or overwhelming at all.
5. Do you live in a city or a small town?
i live in a small town i suppose, although the town i live in has plenty of people to talk to.
6. If you could travel the world what 3 places would you go?
i know these answers right off the top of my head: paris, rome, and vienna. definitely all those cities in europe, because it’s always been my dream to go there.
7. What pair of shoes are your go to?
hm, in the summer, i guess my black wedges? it makes me feel taller at least…
8. Do you use colourful makeup or do you like to keep it toned down?
if i even wear makeup (i like to keep a natural look), definitely toned down.
9. What books have you read more than once?
yes, this is a question i can very easily answer. in first grade, i reread the magic treehouse series so many times, i started to memorize the books (shoutout to mary pope osbourne right here because her writing was legit my life). another one was the mysterious benedict society series, because, wow, that was a quality series. it was actually amazing. and one book that i’ve read so many times now is eleanor and park! (click here to check out my review of that book – i promise, you won’t regret it!)
10. What makeup product are you totally obsessed with like lipstick or mascara?
like i mentioned before, i’m not a big makeup person (although i do love reading and learning about it, as weird as it sounds). but if i had to choose, lipstick or lip gloss is always an easy choice because it doesn’t really take as much work.
apologies to any guys reading this, i’m not a big fan of doing makeup either.
11. If you could go back in time and tell yourself a bit of advice what would you tell yourself?
if i had a dollar for every time that i’ve thought of this, i would be a millionaire. for me especially, i would tell my younger self to try harder and become better. because right now, i’m feeling mediocre around all my peers when i feel like i could be better, and if i started working harder before, maybe it wouldn’t be so hard now.
but i shouldn’t pin that my younger self; that’s no excuse. i’m definitely working harder now, but if i could tell my younger self some advice, it would be to try a little harder and not to bask in your laurels just yet.
not going to lie, it took a lot of thinking to answer just 11 questions — and they were about myself….
next, my nominees!
now the liebster blog is about finding some new blogs, so if i’ve nominated you for an award before, there’s a chance that i’m in love with your blog (very true for many), but just wanted to shine the spotlight on a few other blogs. :)
in my opinion, these bloggers don’t get enough credit, and they’re all so amazing, so please take a look at their blog!
and as much as i’d love to give out more nominations, there’s only so many links that i can attach. i love all my followers, and i still can’t believe that i have over a hundred, and i’m so thankful to all you guys, so thank you! <3
and lastly, the questions that the nominees have to answer:
- what are some of your hobbies?
- what’s the best part about blogging?
- best part of summer so far?
- biggest worry at the moment?
- if you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
- favorite film?
- why did you start your blog?
- who’s inspired you the most?
- if you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you bring?
- favorite food?
- your favorite books?
can’t wait to see your responses!!
once again, thanks to kirstin who nominated me, and have fun finishing your awards!!